Thursday 12 January 2012

Sleeping with one eye open

wife locked up with 15 spongy squirrels
Grandma has relearned smiling and sitting up. She has been given her own wheelchair and is allowed to move out of the stroke ward as soon as a bed becomes free in the rehab clinic.
Meanwhile Grandad is tackling the unused kitchen utensils so will no doubt need to hire a small lorry to take it all to the tip.
lego train track shaped like a willy with lego buildings
Bud picked up a blonde in Tesco again but it was the same one as last week so probably doesn't count. This was good for me as Ben got to play lego trains again while they had tea. We made a train track in the shape of a willy: Ben doubted me so I whipped mine out to prove it. Again: this seems normal to us even though the parents laughed.
Today is my last chance to practice for tomorrow's spelling test. It's been tough. Here is the overall scoresheet showing my wondrous progress throughout the week with its many iterations of the same set of words.
SPELVOLUTION: The trials and dribulations of a boy on a learning curve over a single week
ATTEMPT
1
2
3
4
5
6
AMAES
AMEAS
AMAES
AMAYES
AMAZE
AMAS
CRAION
CREAON
CRAON
CRAON
CRAYON
CRAON
PHETHER
FETHER
FETHER
FEATHER
FETHER
FIETHER
FEAOLD
FEAOLD
FEAOLD
FELD
FEAOLD
FELD
PTAITOES
PATEATOES
POTATOES
POTATOES
PATAETOES
POTATOS
WIND
WIND
WIND
WIND
WIND
WIND
It was at this point that Bud put a pen in his mouth and started playing the table like a piano. I believe the piece was "Air in G" by Bach. I never did get "Field".

1 comment:

  1. You spelled out potato perfectly to me. The rest look like instructions in different languages - inc Latin! Good luck. Bonne chance. Vielen Gluck. Etc.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.