Thursday 23 February 2012

On the money but off the rails

school funny fail breaking out of tombStraight out of school I left with Erin in blazing sunshine to visit the graveyard even though the rest of the school were sure to be in swingpark. It's quite near her house and she likes to feed the squirrels: Squiggles are nut-nibblers and the last time I met them they took my nuts right out of my hand.
However we never made it. We played Mums and Dads with one of her dolls, visited the garden centre and bought compost and pansies, and then potted some up for our house. I couldn't carry them home on the scooter so they'll be delivered tomorrow.
We had supper and played dens under the dining table. But then Erin asked me to do something I couldn't, she kicked the wall of bogrolls down and got told off.
So the promised picture of us pulling faces is unavailable because she was hiding in the den, which is what they're for, to be fair.
I scooted home after a great time with them and will get her back on Tuesday. A visit, I mean, not revenge.
Last chance to learn my new spelling words before the Friday test. Again, there are ... sticking points. Here is my progress over the week: my persistent and consistent adherence to phonetic spellings is due to the teaching of "Phonics", apparently, and means that I can't spell a thing.
GNOME
gnome
gnome
gnome
gnome
gnome
hnome
DESIGN
dosine
design
desine
design
desin
desine
KNIGHT
gnite
knite
knite
knite
knite
knite
KNIFE
gnife
knife
nife
knife
knife
hnife
WRITTEN
ritogn
rittn
rittn
written
writen
ritten
THUMB
thum
thumb
thum
thumd
thumb
thumd

In addition, I have elected to give up oranges for lent. This despite our household's militant atheism: however as my annual intake of oranges is approx 1, it won't be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.