Sunday 1 April 2012

The fish of April

playing cricket in the park by the bowling clubThis week the council sent us a parking ticket form and bill for £50 with little pictures of our car parked at the side of the road and of the 1 hour only sign we were parked in front of. Nobody likes to get demands for money with menaces, even if you have menaces to spare. However it was dated 24th of February, which is some time after we sold the car. We're surprised it's still running.
football game in the park
The JBs called round to return my hat and AA staff ID badge and challenged me to a game of footy in the park. I was happy to join them and we got some cricket in as well. Johnny is the best bowler and Bobert was the best batsman and I was the best turkey impersonator and we were doing quite well until the moans started so I ran to the other side of the park to sulk. This was a mistake and I was retrieved using my ear as a handle.
Then we played some football and some others joined in, they later turned out to be kids of one of Bud's work friends. The whole afternoon was beset by howls, spitting, recriminations, accusations and sulks - we need Thursday football back. But we all had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.