Monday 23 July 2012

Burning long hot summer day

children squashed together boys riding bikes in the park
summers day in the park As planned, hit the park for 1030. Ben arrived a little later and we embarked on a marathon park session.
We played football. We rode our bikes. We played on the curly slide. We rode our bikes again. We got a turn on the swinging basket (which has been upgraded) and played 'The bark chips are hot lava'.
We rode our bikes again and again all the way around the outer rim of the park. In the end I had been there for 3 and a half hours shirtless, soaking up those cosmic rays. No rickets for me.
sunbathing beachAfter lunch (including watermelon) it was back on the bike for a trip to the seaside. We met Follower Zoe who is my spy on the inside and she told me that all the teachers actually were in school doing inset-day activities, not simply lying on the beach as we'd all assumed.
high tide in portsmouth
Popped in on Jof at work and gave her a free smile. Hit the seafront by the Pyramids where I got yet another ice cream (Maltesers this time) for I deserve lots. We parked ourselves next to a large group of teenagers with their unfettered breasts flapping free in the light sea breezes and threw rocks into the sea, which is probably my #1 hobby. There were also mermaids gambolling, frolicking and and cavorting in the surf. Eventually we moved on to the pier where they've painted the crazy golf course. People were paying to use it so we made a mental note to come back later with one of my golf balls and play once everyone else had gone home. Then I perched on the unsafe benches and watched fishermen lose their bait for a while and then stepped onto a bench-plank that wasn't there, fell through the gap and barked my shins something chronic. This was most embarrassing for someone whose favourite phrase is "I know what I'm doing" so we rode straight home: we have both got some sun and I hope I don't burn, I've certainly got comical sockmarks. Pops appeared while Bud was cutting the hedge so I went round there for a bit to play on her new trampoline, she came round mine to play Hot Potato and then I challenged Jof to Monopoly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.