Friday 13 July 2012

Evasive manoeuvres in the dark

Today is Friday the 13th again but as a child, I wouldn't know the difference. However during the night I had bad dreams so I disturbed Jof by snuggling up to her for an hour until she turfed me out. I wriggle and sniff and fidget at the best of times so she got severely reduced sleep on top of the no sleep she was already getting because her cold has moved to her chest giving her that eternal rasping cough that we all love. Poor old Jof, let's hope she can rest in peace tonight.
Of late, I have started to wear my night-mask thing in bed. You know, the little eye-mask you used to get on the British Airways long-haul flights to Johannesburg. Perhaps I could instead choose to sleep without the night light on.
At school today the Year 2s performed "Snow White and the 7 dwarves", an ebullient, nay, incandescent production with villagers, royalty, trees, a horse race with actual bookies and absolutely no dwarves, a bold foray into modern fusion entertainment. Shakespeare would surely have approved. Valete, Year 2s and bon voyage to the Junior school adjacent to our hallowed asphalt.
Swimming was great, I managed a whole length again but during supper the grey clouds of headache and tiredness enveloped me and I was crashed out in bed by 7pm. No doubt the shenanigans of last night and the full working (and playing) week were factors. With luck I shall awake at a reasonable hour fully refreshed.
In other news, at Giant Tesco last weekend Bud found a new beer "Diamond Reign" at a mere £1 per bottle where one would normally expect to pay at least £2. One wonders whether sales of this beer are better than its ill-fated predecessor "Golden Reign".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.