Wednesday 18 July 2012

Looking for a spoon in the knife drawer

funny road signNearly the end of the school year! Bud says I have my mothers' intelligence - he's still got his.
Today I got a certificate for 100% attendance through the year. I should probably take the next 2 days off as sickies.
Wednesday park was a non-starter. Ben was off with Oscar and it was raining anyway. So I went round to the JoniBobs because I haven't been there for ages and it was their turn anyway. We Legoed and Heroed and made an excellent den in their bedroom. Since watching something unsettling on TV, Johnny hasn't been sleeping too well so they have shoved their bunk beds together to be closer at night.
kids messThis has meant less efficient space usage in their room but a massive internal space for dens - all you've got to do is drape a couple of sheets and duvets from the top bunks and you've got a Bedouin Cathedral fit for a Sheikh. We all built Lego tanks until Bobert got bored and wanted me to play outside the den - I was busy so he got in a huff because nobody was playing with him and told on me twice for being rude. Bud took this to be going home time and we left the BonnieJobs and met up with Jof who was going right back out again.
The PuddleMummies are always on the lookout for extra activities to get them out of housework. So when one of them heard that the WI (yes, the Women's Institute for blue-rinsed officious cake makers) was opening a branch locally, they jumped at the chance to be the youngest ones there. They met up at Gunwharf and went to the Aspex Gallery for the meeting.
A short while later, Jof walked out as she just didn't require any more committee meetings and cake judging galas, self-aggrandisement and power struggles in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.