Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Power and the Money

off licence beer shop inventive name
All is strangely quiet in Pompey as the Olympic Flaming Torch has left. But really, we're all just biding our time for a few days until the end of term! Maybe summer will arrive for the summer holidays, they're certainly talking about this alleged jet stream.
lightning shock godToday was superhero day so I dressed as "Lightning Shock" with my speedy T-shirt, cape, trousers with lightnings on and a golden mask that had to be taken away by the teachers to have a bird poo cleaned off it, I kid you not. I was the only Weather God, there were 3 Iron Mans and lots of Superman/Spiderman style purchased costumes. Anyway we got our run in the park and ate the flapjacks and banana bread we had prepared earlier, then played football and tried for a world record of number of kids in a swinging basket.
alexandra park mountbatten centre portsmouth
Of course I was still wearing this generic/random superhero getup at going home time so we walked to LIDL for more juices for school dinners (only 3 days left, surely?) and then I did Gymnastics in it, for it seemed churlish to change. Jof had made me lots of little laminated card lightnings to throw at people and they all came out of my pocket when we did forward rolls so they had to be left at the side. Opportunity knocked for a go in Alexandra swingpark so I was thoroughly exercised by the end. I ate a strawberry flavoured custard in the car on the way home, which was a ...  moving experience, especially on the bumpy roads of the car park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.