Sunday 5 August 2012

Achtung Feuer! Ve are under attack!

wartime model tanks Lazy morning during which we hoovered the car in preparation for leaving the country. The big hoover machine in the petrol station has a big nozzle and absolutely the first thing I sucked up was a small plastic label or somesuch and it lodged inside the hosepipe and made a dreadful SCREEEEEE sound for the remaining 4 minutes 58 seconds.
model ships on canoe lake southseaDuring his run he noticed something interesting and phoned me to give instructions - Canoe Lake NOW and take a camera. I ran upstairs to alert Jof who had just got in the shower.
model pirate ship and destroyerWe raced down there to discover the Portsmouth model ship club or similar putting on a melange of naval battle re-enactments. There were model tanks, army camps, pirate ships, model warships that were so big there was a man inside driving, submarines, sea mines, destroyers and also the Titanic.
castle minigolf southsea seafront They pootled about in circles and shot at each other and set off orange flares and eventually they all blew up and sank.
castle miniature golf portsmouthMeanwhile a rather boring chap (I'm sure he's a lovely man in real life) droned on and on about the models and their obsessive owners. Jof was not impressed but I was.
Later we played pitch'n'putt at the minigolf course on the seafront. I'm getting better all the time but Jof isn't. I just don't think her hearts' in it. I spent most of the round playing with the flags which was a little distracting.
Then we walked to the castle and threw 30 or so number rocks back into the sea from whence they came, for other obsessed little people to pick up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.