Wednesday 1 August 2012

An August Frontier

harry potter joke irl
August: a month when every single day is holiday. This week Erin is off to the West Country for the first of 2 trips (interesting planning) and the JoniBobs are off to the Belle Poitrine campsite in Aix-en-Pains, (just down the road from Poules-des-Boches, Gascogne), France. As for myself, I'm off to see Nanna for a couple of days to ride the trains and play GrandMahJong, aha.
infant reward prizes for academic workIncredibly, I forgot to post a picture of all the school well-done badges I got this academic year. Following last years' scrappy collection, I put this years' on black card so they'd show up better. Looks like I got into the Golden Book 8 times and into the Polite Book zero??
It's not like I'm an abusive, disruptive pupil - I got the 100% attendance award - what more do you have to do?

playing games on the dining table with nanna
OK. So I'm spending the day with Nanna (Mums' Mum, and contrary to ordinary), she says everything twice and doesn't walk great distances so well but she makes me laugh and I make her laugh so it's a match made in heaven, and so it should be. Mums' Dad didn't make it long enough to meet me which is a crying shame but I've got her and that's what counts. pink california poppy
She thinks the sun shines out of my pants, for some reason (although my limited grasp of basic physics precludes this) and that's totally fine by me because Solar-powered Rocket Pants is pretty well all any 6 year-old could hope to have. For those of you lucky enough to have Grandparents you can giggle with, I say - take it while you can.
Gardeners' corner: 38 different species of flower in my back garden tonight, including a pink California poppy - and I thought they only came in yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.