Tuesday 21 August 2012

Gringo Bingo and croquet (mallets aforethought)

the nightmare vuvuzela banned from football stadium
Sentenced to hang, I feel not a pang
Of guilt, despair or remorse
For the blackguard that staggered as out my shots rang
Was the one that had stolen my horse
© Mungleton 2012 here we go again

So back at holiday camp today there was a choice of activities. I made a kite and claim it to have achieved the greatest altitude of any of the kites made that day. It also has guns.
Then mostly I played football. So when he picked me up, I was hot and pink again and will never discover the final result (it was 19-12 at the time).
Then it was gymnastics, I still haven't got badge #6 but then nobody got anything, perhaps it's the hot weather. While eating the last of my strawberry whips from tuck at the daycare, he drove me to Anchorage Park.....park. I have been there before but not for ages and it's obviously been improved. There's still the kiddie end and a few climbers, a plunger-seat and seesaw, but now there's actual large swings, a hanging tyre, a zipline and some balancing beams and a rock'n'log assault course! That classes the facilities as good and medium to large, given the basketball court and 5 football pitches.
In the end we had to go home for supper and decided to give Rosie the rabbit its final feeding. I took 2 giant spinach leaves round (nearly as big as me, I looked like a Nubian Fanbearer, don't talk to me about eunuchs) but the Popses had returned from their hols so we didn't need to really. They're all very tanned and Pops gave me a game and a sweetie dispenser and Bud got a little bottle of Sangria with castanets and a pink hat. Mrs Pops has totally lost her voice so we laughed at that but she has gained a big square diamond in an engagement ring so not all bad.

Then we went home and I made Pizzas from scratch, as you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.