Sunday 12 August 2012

Looking for a good time

tractor climbing frame in parkWoke early but Jof said to play quietly in my room as it was her last chance for a lie-in before going back to work. So, I was sitting there, naked (as you do) lining up the dinosaurs and tractors and playing quietly with whatever was to hand (easy when you're naked). Then Bud comes in and says Dude, do you not realise you're singing? I just stared at him because he's obviously mad. But, a mere twenty-count from when he'd left the room, it started again.
"Eeeooo boosh ru-la-ba-ker cu-per-ti-no* ma-la-vi-da [sound of machine gun] ooo yeah bébé I'm too young to die [sound of explosion] hiawatha ranatunga digadoga ay caremba firewater gnyurd gnyurd lagerlager rahh rahh [sound of 2 robots being banged together] hurrah now you die eeeooo". That's when he came back in and sent me downstairs. You see, the problem is, that's the soundtrack to my mind. Unfortunately my mouth does not remain disconnected and it all comes out, and I don't notice. So as far as I'm concerned, I'm being quiet and being told STFU/haven't I just told you to be quiet/go downstairs etc is grossly unfair and not deserved at all. I wonder if any of my friends have this problem.
milton barn and milton parkSo today Jof wanted to go to Giant Tesco in Havant so she could use up her vouchers. So we spied a new park and drove to it: it was right behind Park Parade next to the Crown Bingo. Leigh Park is a sprawling council estate and the swingpark was poor. Quite small, aimed at people younger than me and only 2 climbing frames although one appeared to be a tractor. A man told us to expect the Space Girls and Wrong Direction in the Olympics closing ceremony tonight. I played Guess How Old We Are with some local youths but the park just wasn't good enough and we left pretty soon. We finished the shopping and forgot to use the vouchers anyway.
In the afternoon I knocked up Fabulous Femme Fatale 'Pops' who already had a bonus Erin with her, so we hit the park and played for an hour and a half in the sun. Ruby has a really cool remote-controlled helicopter, I want one too. We're not very good at badminton but we tried. ErinsMum has clearly had a big shock recently as her hair has turned white overnight.
* The Cupertino effect. Spellcheckers are really helpful tools as long as you check their spelling. But early versions were a bit rough'n'ready so when they saw 'cooperation' instead of co-operation, they substituted 'Cupertino' which is a town in California where Apple have their head office. Thus because people don't bother to read what they've written, there are loads of seriously official documents out there, signed by presidents and everything, that promise greater international Cupertino. This may happen whenever a spellchecker meets a new word, which is why the Denver Post reported that Harry Potter was battling Voltmeter in the final film. And then of course there are smartphone autocorrects.....
Watched the first bit of the Olympic closing ceremony. Highly confused by the people in newspaper outfits, but did like boogying along to Madness. When the flags appeared I gave up and went to bed. Jof spent the whole time Facebook-commenting about the ceremony to all the PuddleParents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.