Friday 17 August 2012

Mungletons' Magick Molluscs

dog with its head out of a car window pictureNot many jobs on today so did a bottlebank walk to visit Health Centre park on Price Albert Road. It's a small one with only 1 climbing frame and 1 proper swing, but there's a double height firemans pole and a rock-and-bollard obstacle course.
I met a girl with a black face whose birthday was only 2 days from mine and said dis and dat. She couldn't even remember which school she goes to, these dumb Year 1s.
climbing frame with firemans polesnails eating my plants it's a deal it's a steal it's the snail of the fucking century
Later I reprised yesterdays' job. I had collected and terminated 76 snails, but Jof said there were more to go. So we went a-searchin' again, found and crunched 71 more snails. (WTF snails, why you no dead?) Perhaps our garden shines out some kind of mollusc-attracting leaf-based radiation, a gan-green beacon inviting plant-munchers from miles around. Just think of all that corn-fed protein I could have had for supper.....(it's a deal, it's a steal, it's the snail of the .. century)
domesticated rabbit
We have the honour of feeding Rosie, a rabbit belonging to Pops but cared for by PopsDad as she has lost interest somewhat. It has been a most enjoyable task as I get to bounce on the trampoline while Bud collects windfall apples and mucks out the hutch. This, and some hedge clippings have made it onto our compost heap, for rabbit poo is great stuff for compost heaps. You've gotta get paid somehow.
BTW. Today is my 2 year blog anniversary. Thanks to BensMum for getting me started on this, it'll help me remember my humble beginnings when I'm President of Earth. Plus, it's fun.
Educated Jof on the mind-expanding benefits of Phineas + Ferb.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, he has collected so many snails, incredible. Did he squish them under his rain boots to terminate them?

    Yours, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bricks and booties!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.