Saturday 25 August 2012

Stimulus package with add-on plugins! Again!

reduced price lego ninjagosFollowing my Lego Bionicle victory in June where I scored 6 Bionicles in one go out of a charity shop for just £2, I will always be on the cheeky lookout for another bargain.
Bud and I took a bus to Southsea to spend my £21 that I had gained from Nanna and the little prizes for good schoolwork etc. My target was Knight + Lee who have a decent Lego selection. Sure enough, there was the new Hero Stormer XL and a very interesting reduced shelf where a load of Lego Ninjagos were half-price (Ben, take note ie £10 notes).
Thus I was able to squeeze 1 giant Hero and 3 Ninjagos out of my £21, a victory to be proud of in its own right. The 7 pence change shall go back into my savings pig for next time.
Then we popped into Jofs' work to see her boss who had trapped her thumb in the door and had to go to hospital when it got infected. My winning smile made them all feel better. The town is full of Russian sailors - a ship must be in, and they're wandering the streets in full officers or ratings uniform, spending their tourist roubles.
boy with lego collectionHe is never able to leave town without checking out the charity shops and lucky for me too, as in shop #3 we found "Whole box of Lego £25" in the window. Now, £25 is a lot, and I won't be getting anything for ages now, even food. I shall have to glean sunflower seeds and redcurrants from the garden, and hunt my own snails and cook them on the bonfire. But boyoboy, was there Lego. It took us 2 sacks to get it home on the bus and true to idiotic form, he buried me in Lego in the same way as Heroes were covered in gold in the olden days (or was it just Asterix?). Jof reckoned that some harassed mother had just swept the floor and bunged it all in a bag and I tend to agree. For within the awesome selection of Lego we also found: beads, wood screws, seashells, bits of glass, stones, labels, a French comemmorative coin and 1 Duplo Lego blok. There was also a smattering of Lego Hero helmets and hosepipes. But I'm not complaining. You see the full giant Lego box in the background? On Bionicle Day I had to have a box upgrade. Guess what we're heading down to Wilko to buy next? Jof and I used the magic all-day bus ticket while he went on his bike, due to meet at the shop. Unfortunately he has an inherent and unfair advantage in that he is a man so he had arrived, hugged Pops, bought the box, had a look round the charity shop opposite, waited around aimlessly looking for us for a few minutes, given up and gone home before Jof had brushed her hair. I declared I was hungry so hit the upmarket Marks and Spencer cafe for a ham'n'cheese toastie, then I got back to sorting through my mountain of Lego booty. My new Lego box is 80 litres - big enough for me to get in comfortably.
Bath fizzer night: Whitesnake, then Gotye and swimming with whales + sharks videos before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.