Tuesday 28 August 2012

The MAD bus ticket

tallest lego skyscraperFirst things first, we dismantled the Lego tower as it had a reinforced castle about 7 feet off the ground that could have drawn blood had it landed on my head. It was free-standing but definitely a bit teetery, wouldn't have survived a direct hit from a sword or other standard toy. Then we used the resulting reclaimed material to make a blue fighter jet with guns.
moscow state circus tent and southsea promenadeFor want of something better to do we bought a Magic All-Day bus ticket and pootled off to the swingpark in front of Pirate Petes' which was just where I was yesterday. It was full of pre-schoolers and toddlers, what right do these people have getting in my way?
massive sea wall and cannon fortificationsIt's quite a good park with 2 compound climbing frames, 3 slides, half a pirate ship and a keen and constant wind as it's right on the seafront. The Moscow State Circus is in town but I don't want to go because "Clowns freak me out", a quote and attitude I have lifted from Jof.
Walked along to find out exactly when Portsmouth Cathedral is opening its tower up for public access and found the Long Curtain waterfall again.
blocking pipes with rocksThe moat in front of the old firing wall where Admiral Lord Nelson stepped off Blighty's turf for the last time is tidal so we thought we'd mess up the system by damming the waterfall. I managed to block the second of the 3 pipes.
Finally we found a bus going in the right direction and stopped off for Lunch 2, then back on yet another bus which wended its weary way through the back streets of Pompey, getting me to Gymnastics 6 minutes late. Nobody won any badges. After a quick go in swingpark #3 for the day, we finally reaquired our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.