Monday 10 September 2012

Spooking the horses

redneck montana too drunk to drive
Back into it properly now with the first full week of the academic year. Didn't particularly want to get up this morning but then I remembered Box #8 was downstairs so I used the Gatling gun to clear the plain of fuzzy-wuzzies in twenty minutes.
School was mixed in that I did some great numeracy but there was a fire drill at lunchtime and we didn't get the time back, so I couldn't finish my lunch. Initially I insisted the alarm was because there was a table on fire in Otters classroom, but under further interrogation admitted it was just a drill so we could practice where our new line-up places were in our new classes.
Erin is starting karate classes tonight, I'm sure that'll liven things up next time she has an argument with Ben. LittleMax is starting them tomorrow, and we all enjoy enacting fight scenes on the pavement (jump up and down making noises like turkeys on acid, frantically waving arms about).
Dearest Follower Martin had saved us some wood (a dead bench and a coffee table) so we nipped round to take it off his hands. By the time we got there the landlord had cleared it all away and taken it to the tip so we were foiled (if it wasn't for those meddling kids).
Then out came the scooter and I rode it to the first Beaver Scouts session after the summer break. All the old faces were there and I got right back into it. I was awarded 2 badges straight away - but they were leftover ones from last year. One was the Adventure Badge and the other one made such an impression on me I appear to have instantly forgotten. Next week we start Emergency Aid so expect me to use heart paddles and extinguish burning oil wells etc.
Box #8 now has extra windows and Jof bought some lighting (now it is both internally and infernally lit) and loads of the thick pink packing foam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.