Thursday 6 September 2012

The future starts here...already?

unfortunate name funnyDay 3, still no land in sight although I am still beset by seagulls. Let's hope I put on a school cap and school shoes today instead of the Muftis I've been getting away with so far.
So obviously it was only my second day in Year 2 yesterday, and one of the (numerous) leaflets and other detritus brought home in my bookbag was the application form for my next school. I've barely even arrived, and I'm planning my departure already? Shall I apply for University while I'm at it? Maybe I'll put my name down for that nice Nursing Home on the hill..... So I have applied to the Junior School next door, and not just because Dear Follower Zoe works there.
Today KateLyn (Tarantulas) and I (Tigers) were chosen to show our holiday projects at show-assembly, then they both got put on the wall outside our class. I can't believe these 2 have been chosen as the best in class, not up against the likes of Erin, I expect 2 more will be shown every week until all are used up.
Dental appointment again today. Of course this all went well as I'm perfect and have still lost no teeth at all. The dentist said I could keep them for another year before getting concerned. This left us with free time so we popped in to see Jof whose office was empty again (and yet she always goes on about how busy she is), tried a few charity shops and went to Orchard park, right opposite the railway station.
orchard road park southsea portsmouthWe haven't been there in ages. It's definitely small. One small climber, 2 bucket swings and a wooden bridge on a tumulus. The dens around the edge are quite good if you don't mind lots of broken glass and torn-up magazines of a gynaecological nature. Ben and I found some of those last year and they weren't interesting then either. We played penalties with some empty bottles in the basketball court, avoiding the end where some youths were making their own cigarettes. There are hazelnut trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.