Saturday 27 October 2012

My cup freezeth over

bransbury park milton portsmouth** I hope my Dear Followers on the Eastern seaboard of the US don't get blown away by Hurricane Sandy**
Big old egg'n'ham spectacular for breakfast today and a surprisingly early return for Bud with a burnished copper warship and tank from Dorchester Keep museum shop.
Straight away we sent Jof to Sainsbury's while we did the bottlebank walk in a brisk wind - I wore 2 hats. I did have a bit of a climb in Tunnel Park but the metalwork was a bit cold. Met ex-Puddler Poppy C at the traffic lights who directed us to Mr Cheap on Milton road who sold us 2 pairs of brightly coloured kid's gloves for only a few quid.
binky griptight nose guard funny product wallington new jerseyNipped into the butchers for ribeye steak (whopping great hunks of meat for supper) and other carnal delicacies to strengthen our resolve for the BUPA great south run tomorrow. The traffic is aready building up and by the morning the whole city will be in gridlock.
To be honest, the rest of the day seemed to entail them preparing for the run and changing all the beds to winter duvets, while I got up close and personal with Tom'n'Jerry and the Wizard of Oz. Thus instead of actual interesting things, I offer up these 2 items from the long-forgotten dusty cupboards of Dorset. One is a plastic bag - yea, but it is 30 years old, but that's where we went when we needed a pint of milk and some fresh coriander. The other is an unopened "Fitsrite Nose Guard" (Binky-griptight inc, New Jersey) which apparently attaches to all types of sunglasses and will protect your sizeable schnozzle against those naughty cosmic rays. Google has never heard of it, I think it may be the only one left in the world, which is quite normal for the Grandparents. Also discovered in the Stasis cupboards of forgotten-ness were: a Halloween Witch outfit last seen in 1967, an elephant-skin handbag commissioned in the 70s, 29 handbags (assorted) and a suitcase labelled Thomas Schnitker (left my Alma Mater in 1985).
Supper was King prawns and new potatoes panfried in butter, with sundry crudites. A dish fit for a king, you'd think, or certainly an ArchDuke of my standing (3 ft 11 inches). But no. Being left in risky proximity to a box of chocolate mini-rolls during Tom + Jerry had left me with a diminished appetite - there were definite murmurings of dissent as I left half my plate.
To make up for it I drew a large picture of a British warship shelling a French coastal installation, even raining down fire and brimstone on "Le Pylon" aka the Eiffel Tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.