Monday 12 November 2012

Beavers Las Vegas

the wonder of windows crap operating system program bugs
Sometimes the world seems to be arrayed against you, and your task is to bang your head against a brick wall forever (better than Hearts of Gold in a lift forever).
But then school ended and I trailed home in the drizzle. My new topic is the Victorians, they're difficult enough to spell without having to learn what they did. I have done a Bar Graph based on what pets are owned by the entire class. Dogs had the tallest bar with 10 and I added a bar for goats (zero) to illustrate the empty set.
Once I'd answered the questions on a story about a walrus and a penguin that travel from opposing poles only to miraculously meet at the pyramids, I set to Lego-ing again to my newest song
"I am the king of the world
king of the world
the king of the world" Repeat x 576 or until Bud shouts shut up.
Tonight's Beavers, Cubs, and Scouts meeting was different - there was a slideshow of the pictures taken at the summer camp (mostly all I remember is the rain and walking over a motorway bridge) with diamond-jubilee themed cake competition and raffle. Of course we would have known this had we read the letter handed out last week so were woefully underprepared, Jof had not made a cake using ingredients from our dedicated cake-making cupboard. I bought 2 strips of raffle tickets and won a 'Craft at Xmastime' book so look forward to lots of glittery Xmas cards and so forth. The cakes were judged and in time-honoured Village Fete fashion, cut up and sold back to us. I chose chocolate because of internal peer pressure: I feel I have to say yes, but never finish them. Then my juice slipped from my sticky fingers and soaked my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.