Tuesday 27 November 2012

Burning the 6" Berber cheroot at both ends


flooded out house
Meanwhile, floods continue
First of all, I must apologize for the recent paucity of the posts, the hurried slapdash writing and lack of decent material. But honestly, it's been get home from school and straight up the ladder for wallpaper stripping and plastering and painting. I'm sure that moving house will only take a couple of days, and then my scintillating sentiments will shine out once more - until then, you'll have to make do with some pixelated prose.
At school I had an overdue notice from the canteen. They said I owed money for hot lunches. I have not had school dinners for 2 years so with compound interest it must be like the Greek national debt.
mountbatten centre alexandra park portsmouthJof has made us another appointment to see the new house so while I practised spelling, he scraped wallpaper frantically. Before Gymnastics we got 10 minutes of park play but the deserted swingpark bit was cold and wet and dark with a biting north wind so I retired to the gym and ate chocolate until the lesson started.
wild primrose pale citrus lemon tropics soft peach dulux paint
On the way home we stopped off at B+Q to get white spirit, plaster filler and paint for the dining room. Jof said it had to have the word peach in it so I naturally chose "Gentle Lavender". A short while later we had the right one and then I had prawns and noodles and white crisps (aka pron crackers).
You know the way it is with home decorating, you carefully take off the cable trunking so you can slide the wallpaper under it, replacing it nicely, cleaning it etc. Then, years later, you take it off again to remove the wallpaper and the loose, unattached, defunct cable itself just comes away from the wall, having obviously been isolated from its former purpose in about 1973.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.