Sunday 18 November 2012

Prom tiddlyom prom prom

remote controlled model boats and shipsSlow and lazy breakfast while he shopped. Then we made paper lanterns from the Xmas craft book I won at Beavers. My idea of the getting-fresh-air aspect of the day was to walk along the seafront, which was well received. It was a lovely day so we parked at Canoe Lake and saw the model boat society. HMS Temeraire here has working cannons and little humans (not Lego).
south parade pier southsea derelictI'm sure they are all very nice people and very knowledgeable about all marine matters but ask them a simple question and you let yourself in for a 3 hour diatribe/lecture. He only stopped when he spilt his tea down his front and over the remote control so we made a hasty exit.
fountain in front of henry 8ths castle southsea promenadeSouth Parade Pier is closed. It is quite old and all the businesses on it have mostly failed and can't afford essential maintenance and repairs, so it's going to fall down like Brighton pier did. There may be a suspicious fire like Brighton pier had, and also the old 5th Avenue nightclub just over the road. These convenient fires can start anytime, anywhere, you know. I played on the arcade games (with £5 float kindly donated by my carers) and made a profit of £3 which was removed to benefit my Lego fund. Even the arcade has shrunk, they've made a new wall out of slot machines and lost 60% of their floorspace so that customers don't fall through the rotten floor.
We paraded along the Promenade and eventually made it to the Pyramids where I climbed the walls just by the Do Not Climb sign, and because the castle was shut we fished 4p out of the fountain which is not financially linked to any charity. I worked hard for that 4p and the water was very cold. I can hear the grumblers now.....
While he ran (right back along where we'd just walked) Jof and I worked hard on our secret project which is called sofa and chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.