Friday 30 November 2012

The Long Great Friday

womans fashion clothing storeIt started with not treading on Lego, because he'd made me tidy it off the floor last night. Then I admired my Advent Tree, only 1 day to go and I can open the first mini-present!
When I got to school it was so cold there was frost on the playground benches.
My morning task was: if you had a spare room, how would you make it nicer? I said I'd put pictures of Lego on the walls, both the Lego Mine (motherlode) and the Lego Mine (shipping lane). Then I did complex mathematical equations such as 100/4 = 25.
In cake-making, Erin and I made 2 each and covered them in sprinkles of all nations. We were only allowed 1 sweet per cake but Zachery put 6 sweets on his meaning that 5 kids were sweetless. He is not a team player.
I got a sticker for getting full marks in spelling. I compounded this victory by annotating my spelling book thus:   10/10 orl awl rite.
Then I found seventeen pennies in Tesco, and when I got home, the Estate Agent was there measuring up. He took some pictures of the house and thousands of our pounds and went off happy. Then we went back to B+Q to buy more of the toyroom paint. In the last 2 days they have A) run out of the right paint and B) stopped the 2 for £25 offer. We bought a giant paint pot for £30 and were angry, but at least I was back Lego-ing in less than 10 minutes.
boy with fire and cardboard boxAt swimming everyone was late because of Portsmouth gridlock or hadn't realised we were back at the usual venue so there were only 3 kids in my class which was great. Then he put my wet swimming trunks in the bag that held my dry pants. No longer dry, they had to remain in situ and I went home pantless. I flashed many times at Jof because she kept telling me to put it away. This is an affliction suffered by all young boys and there's nothing you can do about it now that electro-convulsive therapy has been discredited for treatment of this syndrome.
Later we had a bonfire, mostly damp wallpaper. I am extremely competent in this area but because I came out before he was ready and he hadn't cleared out the ash from the last inferno, the airholes were blocked and it wasn't so much a fire as a smoke. The damp wallpaper smouldered and overall the fire wasn't great. We will improve for our last fire session.
home fireAnd then Jof said, Bud, you're very good at chucking away other people's stuff, how about all those 1/2 pint glasses you've bought from the charity shop. So I chose one for my night-time water and we charitied the other 18. Then in sympathy I ditched half of my bath-time toys and still had a very amenable bath-fizzer night with much inappropriate interplay. Bedtime approx 10 pm, O dear.
Overall, everything is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.