Tuesday 13 November 2012

Yeux sans pompiers

god with big beard and capekeep calm and carry on british war departmentSince Ben's sleepover visit last weekend, I have made do without the nightlight I've had since birth. Of course, at this time of year, it's pitch black when I get up, let alone when he gets up a couple of hours earlier, so we've had to leave the downstairs light on to avoid any falling-down-the-stairs mishaps like that rum-related one a couple of years ago.
mountbatten centre alexandra park portsmouthAt school today I was one of 7 Levantines on stage passed over for the job of King. God chose David instead because he cared about his sheep, then we sang a song. The syllabus has been quite god-heavy this last couple of weeks, and even though I know all of them are pretend, the concept influenced me sufficiently to draw this picture of me standing on a cloud with one of them. Look, he's even got a 'g' on his hat, a big curly beard and a cape, as befits any fictional super-being.
I have 2 wobbly teeth so Jof has made me an emergency dental appointment. This afternoon we got to gymnastics early enough to catch the last rays of the setting sun in the park. Jof and the PuddleMummies are going out for a curry and quiz night at the pub, I expect she'll be on the dog'n'bone soon enough to get some answers from me.
As it happens the Portsea Island Support Trust had a good time and got in late but came last in the quiz.

1 comment:

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.