Monday 31 December 2012

A very Puddle New Year's Eve

lego airport blue plane heroes ninjago dump truck goldmineUp for 11am, because he told me to. It seemed like no time at all until we were shopping in the rain, I spent the last of my Xmas/birthday money and got 3 more Lego Ninjago things, he tried to push me towards the dock with crane and ship or the office block with safecracker and helicopter because at least you can reuse the bits to make something else. I went on at him at length about how the Green Sensei Snake has the best Rave and spinner and the special spikes all over the vehicles make them fly and he just didn't understand the significance of it all. Not so much spinner as spanner.
lego heroes at new years eve partyI still haven't fully grasped the 1st and 2nd Law of Lego 1) No adult cares and 2) Not even a little bit. Is there a collective term for a Lego collection of this magnitude (given that this lot was bought in the last week)? He suggests 'An Obscenity Of Lego'.
It's just one of those things you look forward to all year, then in a flash of frilly knickers, it's gone and you have to wait a whole year again. This one is a fancy dress on a Cops'n'Robbers theme so I've gone predictably mad with some pyjamas and possibly my 4th eyemask (should have looked in the dressing-up box first).
3 boys on a sofaJof has destroyed an old dress and spent hours watching Blackadder. Bud has visited a charity shop and for only 6 shillings and some food stamps has obtained a very nice demob suit, only several sizes too big. With our well-honed catchphrases (me - Hand over the loot/It's a fair cop, Guv'nor), her (I hate squirrels) and him (Err, what's up doc/Who loves your baby) I feel we're onto a winner for best dressed PuddleFamily.
convict arab terrorist del boy trotter policewomanWe arrived separately and got stuck in. Kodak wore his suit all night and my pyjamas were just right. Quite a few times we had to go and tell the adults to keep the noise down and Bobert called them Lame-os. The squirrel-murderer sang off-key a lot and we shot each other and had a good time although there were a few final warnings and a few howls. Erin had me in an arm-lock when Ben jumped on us so that was painful but I soon forgot about it and found the Lego Heroes and we all spent time under the spare bed with the lights off and there were films and guns and blowup guitars and we danced with the convicts and shot at the arab and had a firework display at midnight.
Our taxi arrived right in the middle of the party so next time we'll stay later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.