Monday 10 December 2012

Dam! No Beavers

pair of plastic ostriches toys
Last night I ran upstairs screaming to give everybody the news that it was going to be -4. It's the lowest temperature I've heard of so far, but haven't yet understood that what happens in Glasgow may not happen in Portsmouth.
I also had a Fairy-paradox in that I knew that they were going to give me £1 for my first lost tooth, but I still had to put it under my pillow to cash in. It is in a small glass ampoule with cork so I can show it off at school. OK, so my classmates have been losing teeth for over 2 years, but has anyone bothered to bring them in as proof? No. They have all offered whistle-gaps in their mouths as proof, but I say absence of evidence is not evidence of absence ...
Beaver Scouting has finished for the year so I had free time.
We shopped for paint and lightbulbs (as you do) and I did a maths test and had lots of snacks. I got to do TV and Lego while he went in the loft again and found this.
 Things you'd forgotten you ever had Part 2
home made pottery globe
This is the globe. At least 10 years old, it was made from one of those thick pottery blue ball things in trendy garden centres, and decorated with continents, rivers and cloud systems in enamel paint. All that remained was to hand-drill about 200 holes through the centimetre-thick pottery using those expensive tile'n'glass drill bits and a small length of sharpened fibre-optic rod was inserted into each one to represent the capital cities of each country. It lights up. Clearly I seem to be terrified by something on the ceiling but I assure you I liked the globe.
Today I also found my long-lost Lego Police boat. It was in my Lego box all along, and we'd all searched it and the rest of the house. Perhaps the most damning indictment is that, even before Xmas, my Lego box is so cavernous that it can successfully conceal an entire ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.