Thursday 7 February 2013

A sudden movement towards the face

memorial park bench with cast iron armrests to troll fat peopleI had a terrible day at school. We had to design our own badges for Dr Barnardo's and mine was of a flower blooming under a rainbow. I got through the first round of voting, down to only 5, but in the second round, I got no votes at all! Daisy won because she put multicoloured ribbons around her badge making it bigger and it looked like a rosette from a pony jumping competition.
overloaded swingAfterwards I got changed and headed out to Thursday Park. Extra-bonus Erin was there as well so there were many games and chases and foods of all colours and we all fell over at some point and Erin got a football in the face and we played Clone Rangers and climbed everything. Some of us (not me) made Erin cry by singing 'Erin's got a boyfriend'. Give it a few years and we'll be begging.....
Some older kids from the Junior school borrowed Ben's football and he stood at the top of the pyramid of ropes and shouted that they were all our souls. This does not sound right. Surely they can't all be our souls? Anyway, I have also developed a word that I use in exactly the right place, eg when I drop something. I say "Flut". It scans, makes sense and everything.
kids pushing each other on swings orange plastic nappies
We got well over an hour and it was dusky when we called it. The minute we got home, it started to rain.
In other news, today we sold our house. Little people like me are notoriously bad at deferred rewards: I know I'll get a much bigger room to make giant Lego buildings in, but I want to make one NOW! It means we beat Grandma and Grandad to a sale. I am going to pack up my completed Lego models eg the Blue Dragon, airport etc into individual tied binbags so I don't lose all the bits.
Anyway, raise a glass of cranberry juice to Blind Uncle Len whose death made all this possible. **Stop Press** At the last minute, the current owner of the house we want to buy has said he wants more money. Well you should have said that when you accepted our offer 2 months ago.

1 comment:

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.