Saturday 16 February 2013

A Taste of Spring

bransbury park milton portsmouth climbing frameEverything started a bit late today because Bud had a beer-related going-back-to-bed scenario.
But then we strode out into the pleasant afternoon sunshine with our walkie-talkies and delivered lots to the bottlebank and charity shop. On our travels we met School Eva, Puddle Emma and Football Harry, who is going to try out Beavers like Ben. I am learning to look before I cross roads, instead of being asked "Did you look before you crossed the road?" and saying "What?"
Today I am trying out my new top, if I was Spanish I'd be the Dayglo Dago.
southsea seafront by mozzarella joes shingle gravel beachWith a couple of hours to spare before Beth's birthday party, we parked up near Clarence Pier and threw stones into the sea.
I made a little defensive wall and hid from the waves and used some driftwood to bat rocks. Then Jof said let's go across the hovercraft landing zone and look underneath the pier, we'd nearly made it across the forbidden area before the man came out and chased us away. I made £1 profit on the coin machines: this goes into my Lego fund. Thus: they provide some money, I launder it through a gambling machine at a return rate of about 20% and the proceeds are mine. What a great wheeze!
We walked to Beth's place and picked up the JBs on the way. Immediately came the hiss of beer bottles being de-topped so we nipped upstairs to play in her room for ages.
6th birthday party in kitchen
We were nice but did make a bit of a mess, Beth coped womanfully with 3 raucous chaps in her boudoir.
As soon as sausagetime was called we invaded the quiet end of the house and ran and jumped and hooted and quacked and danced and had pillowfights and disturbed the poor adults. There was another magnificent Cal cake but I don't eat cake.
We learned the new word 'Cocktails' and made many mixtures of juices in many cups. However the combination of hooting kids and many cups led to many spillages (I was the spillage idiot) and we abandoned the householders at 10pm.
I was not about to be conned out of my bath fizzer night and hit the sack, as predicted, about 1145.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.