Monday 25 February 2013

Bring it on down to my house *

fao whomever keeps adding og to the end of my door sign stop it funny fail * Ain't nobody home but me
A deserved return to school, I've ameliorated my sense of loss by having Pyjama days.
My current topic is the Great Fire of London. As it happens I am quite experienced in the Conflagratory Arts, but all have been under safe conditions apart from when I nicked the lighter and set off a rocket firework when nobody was watching.
To start the fireball rolling, 2 emissaries from the fire station came to our class on what must be one of their more enjoyable (and cooler) missions. We got all the usual stuff about checking your fire alarm weekly (sounds a bit ambitious - we know ours is working because the toaster has irrational periods) but they'd also devised a board game called Hoses and Ladders which made the female teachers titter. If you land on a Hedgehog (no idea how this links to the fire department) you have to answer a question eg about crossing the road or leaving your cooker on all night. 'Fire' squares lead to discussions about 'Arson' which is something about hot botties and that suspicious fire in the empty yet listed building on the seafront.
lego box wonderI got a sticker with a poem on it about not playing with matches: no worries, mate, for I have that swan-necked lighter and a big flagon of white spirit.
After school Ben came round and we Legoed extensively. We also sang scatological duets with complex harmonic breakdowns and ate pizza, for that is our way. Then we scooted to Beavers, a habit we could get into.
In Beavers I instantly won the Global Challenge badge for solving a word-search about planets and galaxies, whether farfaraway or not. Football Harry came for the tryout session and I think he enjoyed it. Next week we have to bring a hobby item for a show'n'tell. I can't very well bring an active bonfire so it'd probably be a Lego Humanoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.