Sunday 10 February 2013

Living in a box

psilocybe semilanceata magic mushroom liberty cap artwork picture
12 hours in bed, up eleven something. Following our success in the housing market, we pretty well have to pack up the whole house into boxes, so we started on the loft while Jof cast a critical eye over the kitchen.
Gradually stock moved from the loft to the extension and it was all stacked up neatly. You can still get to the washing machine but only just. Of course, we found all sorts of rubbish that we've been keeping faithfully for years, such as all the attachments for our previous hoover, and this ... item of artwork. This picture is on an old mirror backing board: each little object is a screw. Because they stand proud of the surface, instead of being countersunk, they are called mushroom-headed screws. And he has made mushrooms out of them, for he is such a wag. You will also notice that I am still in pyjamas. It is a PJ day: I believe Mr Ben is a fan of those, and I am trying it for the first time.
Meanwhile, the Lego Tower of Doom continues. Because it's 2 up, one across the top all the way round, it's quite simple but we all have damaged fingernails from separating off all the little flat bits to use as strengthening struts. By half past seven we ran out of bricks. For someone with a Lego collection as awesome as mine, actually using up every brick (including the little tiny ones with only 1 nob) is an achievement and a half. But, I ask you, who else has made a Lego tower you can actually get in?
giant lego building with a boy in it
It is 96cm tall, so I do rather stick out of the top. I got in and out without damaging it and now I'm singing to it and decorating it. See about a third of the way up it actually gets wider?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.