Thursday 21 February 2013

Nebuchadnezzar and the Wrong Number

imaginary friends stay free at best western plus motel funny signSlept in a lot. Jof and I finally woke up and tested ourselves gingerly for gastric difficulties. Fortunately, it seems that the Both-Ends-At-Once one day pattern bug has beaten a retreat. We celebrated by eating and keeping breakfast.
Jof blames the sandwiches at the Miniature Village but this is pure baseless guesswork and not an accusation recognised in any court of law.
He made sure of a bug-free disinfected intestinal tract by dousing it liberally with Cabernet Sauvignon ("Once I have accepted that I deserve a drink, I find it very hard to convince myself otherwise"*) and thus has escaped the noxious wrath of the tiny terrorists.
Drove to Nanna's one day late, and in so doing, will miss the Friday DustBowling session at Bowl-a-rama in Gunwharf that I invited the rest of the Puddlers to. I will also miss my swimming lesson and the Kiddies FunSplash event at Eastbourne, but Jof says that with a dodgy tumtum, swimming may not be a good idea anyway.
lego marina with windsurfer on tiled tableSo I finally got to open the Lego Wharf/Ferry docking area aka the marina and instantly built all of it apart from 1 boat that they said I had to save until tomorrow. Srsly, I've been waiting for this for 4 days, do you wish me to die of torture?? The Lego speedboat floats in real actual water, witness my bathtime fun tonight. Anyway, it's got a windsurfer and a Lego Cafe like the little coffee shop by the Isle of Wight Ferryport where we bought the map of the renowned 17th century Island 'Vectis'. Nanna is (by birth) a 'Nawvern Munkie' ie a Geordie. This means she cannot help but cook vast amounts of top-quality high-calorie fodder that would satisfy any dour Yorkshireman / Lancashire-ite-man of any girth, which is probably what I need most after the Big Poo Event. Plus, she loves me totally. Hooray for Nannas.
* This quote possibly attributed to Captain Fellatio Hornblower

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.