Monday 18 February 2013

Prate and Prattle, Jabber and Babble

pope quits after wind blows his clothes aroundNot only is it half-term, but Beavers have been trimmed from my schedule so I've got the whole day off.
By noon we made it outside and caught a bus to the seafront where I showed Jof around Southsea Model Village.
The castle was open so we climbed it and Jof laughed at the sad and decrepit display in the main area. It always starts promisingly with good-looking buildings and the railways and lots of punning on the little signposts.
chinese pioneer .22 air rifle dismantled for storageBut then look behind the main display and you'll see little figurines that clearly don't belong there, they were just picked up from a charity shop in Solihull and added in the hope that nobody would look too closely. I also had my first ice cream of the year just like my mate Ben. I chose a Magnum super-large, Jof reckoned I wouldn't finish it so she didn't buy one for herself, and I had the lot and licked the little stick. That'll teach her.
After 3 hours outside (not including buses) we came home to warm up. I was totally tired out until Bud said he was going in the loft to collect weapons for packing. I leapt up the ladder, put on the plastic rifle and light sabre and went round metal detecting, as you do. We oiled the sten gun for storage (ok, it's a Chinese-made pioneer .22 air rifle, from the good old days before power restrictions) and finally had to clear up the Lego, for you can't do anything in that room without kneeling on a pointy brick. The box was big enough to take all the swords and archery kit but wasn't quite long enough for the assegai.

1 comment:

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.