Friday 22 March 2013

Ebullient and incandescent (Sooty's magic wonder show)

woman walks in front of ski jumper and nearly gets hit
Friday at last! Well, I had a good day at school because I got a sticker for getting all my spellings right.
In today's enlightened age, candles (4) are retro or romantic and incandescent bulbs are out - you have to buy labour-saving low-energy, low-output nasty-to-recycle bulbs. Thus you can't buy incandescents any more, by law.
old style light bulbs largeThis is why Grandma and Grandad have a huge boxful of these naughty contrabands hidden away, enough to last them a lifetime. When we first bought this house a mere ten years before I was born, the large and dusty loft space had 2 of these bulbs in some authentically antique rusty fittings. At that point, the bulbs were probably only about 30 years old. 18 years on, and they're still going strong, the way the larger variety still do. These are bigger-than-normal Omega 150W/250V and still pumping out the wide-spectrum photons. We have decided to take them with us to the new house, I like a bit of antique glassware that you can't get any more.
I don't fancy going back up into the loft now we've replaced them with the new type - you can hardly see a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.