Saturday 9 March 2013

Sleepover Boogie Night

milton park portsmouth tennis hardcourt facilities
The day of the great Beaver sleepover is here at last! We celebrated by going out in the sunshine and investigating the old tennis courts. The council is resurfacing both tennis court areas (although they have run out of money and are to close the public toilets) so we found the holes in the fence and played bouncy balls in there.
Later we visited Tunnel park and so forth, as it was so nice we met Flynn and George and the girl from Beavers and JoniBobsDad and Harvey. Poppy said she couldn't come to play because she was going on her own sleepover - this was at midday - are all the girls just playing hard to get?
The Beaver instructions list includes "Don't make yourselves unable to attend in an emergency", not sure whether that means don't take a day trip to Albuquerque or don't drink so much beer you fall asleep in a flowerbed. After all, we have done both. Jof and I gathered the kit together, spare underwear, teddy, torch etc.
suitcase groundsheet sleeping bag for scout camping trip
Then she went to the hairdressers to pay £40 an hour to sit there for 3 hours. Bud and I decided to do something more interesting and went to Cosham to play in the little park (3/10) and investigate all the charity shops (7). We got a hot wheels dumper truck, 1 bath fizzer, 1 bag of Lego (complete kit with instructions for some kind of alien transport vehicle) and a book about Russian spies. This was nice but not enough and we found another random bag of Lego in shop #9 in Southsea. It has pink blocks in it - from the new Lego "Friends" range for girlies who feel left out, or girlies that might not be so girly when they grow up. I don't care, as long as I can make a decent tower out of them. Incredibly, I have exhibited delayed gratification - I have elected to hide the 2 bags of Lego until next month when we're moving house and they won't be able to play with me. My foster parents will be 2 bags of Lego (and some other bags I don't know about yet).
Suddenly it was time to leave home. Jof cuddled me lots but I eventually managed to break free from her excessive clutching and met Ben at the Beavers sleepover venue. Bluebird said there were some games available downstairs so without looking back, we vamoosed. The olds went to the pub to drown their sorrows at being separated from us. Hah. They have such empty lives.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.