Monday 11 March 2013

The Lord of the Rings of the Schniebelüngen

graffiti on side of interstate highway funnyI awoke at 0445 and went to speak to Jof about my hurting leg syndrome. She wasn't overjoyed but fed me some sticky pink medicine from an old travelbag I wasn't allowed to take to the Beaver sleepover and I was asleep by the time Bud started his day half an hour later.
It had snowed overnight, nothing spectacular but it definitely qualified. The keen wind was direct from Murmansk and howled at me in Russian as it chastised my ears and whipped up vortices of snowflakes like so many broken dreams.
graffiti in snow on vehicleWhile it wasn't settling on the roads etc (no days off school, moo) there were driftlets in sheltered coves and see if you can guess whose car this is.
My mathematics homework was as follows. Fill in the four squares around the central number as part of a larger grid. This is to help fix in our little minds the idea of sequential numbering and the +/- 10 concept. 
53
83








-4

62
63
64






92
93
94






5
6
7

73








103
16
boys on big pile of cardboard boxes densAt the end you get to choose your own central starting point to fill in the surrounding numbers: I am cheeky so chose 93 so it'd overlap into 3 figures and then Mr Funny decided I'd choose 6. I still got it right. Fathers, eh? Who needs 'em.
Tonight is Beavers night (did you sing that in your head?): the third day of Beavering in a row. Last week I had 3 days of Gymnastics in a row. What shall it be next week? Ben arrived in what we hope will be a regular appointment, it certainly suits us, just got to get the adults to bend to our will. We Legoed and made guns.
st JAMES churchyard milton southsea garden of remembrance It was still snowing as we scooted through a deserted and frozen park to post-mortem the sleepover. Bluebird said that after midnight we were still discussing how much sleep we weren't going to get, and we shared the 1 pillow and 1 groundsheet we had between us. All together now, aaah.
It was still snowing afterwards, only good enough for really little snowballs, but you don't expect big balls when you're only 7. It was as cold as an absent parent and my ears turned into blocks of ice on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.