Saturday 27 April 2013

And so it begins

dandelion clock blowingAn early and mentally foggy start at 0830. We got the walkie-talkies back out of storage again and walked through the park where I was the oldest kid and the swinging basket was free. The bottlebank had moved due to the demolished pub so we carried the bottles back home again, and I bought Jof the chocolatiest chocolate cake in the shop and we saw the man with the van emptying out the house we bought yesterday and there was a whole Lego Hero in the charity shop for a mere 10p, what a victory.
Later, Ben came to pick me up for playdate #1. This was supposed to be a way of getting me out of the way so that much moving of boxes and furniture could take place. As far as I'm concerned, I got 6 excellent hours of Lego Heroing with Ben and we were little angels, allowing Bensmumanddad to basically sit around all day doing not much. As it happened, the keys to the new place never arrived, so while I was gone, they basically sat around the place doing not much apart from sitting pining for the fjords by the telephone like some lovelorn teenager, and doing the odd change-of-address letter to fill the time.
So the clearing-up for the house-cooling party meant that even more boxes were piled up in the Lego Room, waiting to be transported to the colonies. And I missed playdate #2, which was supposed to be Pops.
So while the game's afoot, it's still wearing carpet slippers and hasn't done its teeth yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.