Thursday 25 April 2013

Crossover Day

texting autocorrect funny
Today was the day of many things.
1.   The sword of Damocles: blunted. After a month of butterflies in the tummy (exacerbated by chilli overdoses), Bud found out he is not to be made redundant, which is mildly useful given item #2. However, Dearest Follower Corinne did lose her job, which is not.
2.   The solicitor said we can move next week.
3.   The last day of school for a bit as tomorrow is an insect day for even more teacher training, they must all be professors by now.
4.   The amount of visits to my blog by Americans has now overtaken that of the British. Breaking the US market may not seem important to you, but it's taken me 2 and 1/2 years.

I finally took in my telescope and binoculars (made from industrial clingfilm inner tubes) so that Erin, Daisy and I could act out our play "The Pirate who Learned to be Good" and whaddya know, the girls forgot the words. I told 'em, I did, simple words are easier to remember. Write them down, said Bud, but that's just silly.
Because the Lego room (formerly known as the dining room) is about to become really busy, he asked me to clear every bit of Lego off the floor into the giant tubs. This looked like it was going to take ages until he helped me by scooping vast amounts using the large grey square.
Thursday park was extremely well attended. In fact almost every square yard had someone in it, from Flynn who used to go to my school, Rosie ditto, Poppy and Baby Edward, many from my school, both Georges, Ansah from Thursday football, people from Scouts, one of Bensmum's pupils, all sorts in a giant Venn cross-pollination of social circles.
milton park portsmouth with my secret sister
I had been warned to retreat if it looked like I was going to get knobbled so instead of football I scooted with Sam and by the end of the day (1 and 1/4 hours of bright sunshine) I had not had any unhappy moments at all. Bob and Ben had a bit of a wood-chip throwing competition but it was all handbags, like those Italian footballers with girly-locks.

2 comments:

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.