Tuesday 16 April 2013

Getting the Band back together

devouring the unborn eggs in cafe funny embarrassing childFirst thing this morning (well, 47 minutes past midnight), I found out which Junior School I'll be going to in the autumn term. It's not the nearest to my house (400% further) but I'll be there with Erin and Ben, Elizabeth will be next door, just a stuck-out tongue away.
School started well with the bugs-in-resin exhibition. Everybody passed them round and loved them.
In the afternoon gap, spelling was going quite well until I couldn't solve the problem with discuvered. Try another vowel, he said. OK, name me the vowels, he said. You were doing this at Puddleducks, he said. I managed u and i and then he got sad and blamed endless TV and Lego for mental degradation. Au contraire, I remonstrated: I have been going to school too much and the acquisition of new knowledge has necessitated the removal of old facts to make way.
I had to read a book out loud without hyperventilating from under the table while he destroyed all the Lego models, and try not to get a prolapsed cerebellum while coping with sentences that start like "Khufu's architects surveyed with plumbobs..."
This took up the whole afternoon so we only got to gymnastics right on time. Upon our return, he suggested I visit Pops to see what school she was going to, and come back for supper straight away. Well, the garden was sunny, Ruby and Edward were there so we played an obstacle course until he came round to collect me. I'm pretty well sure Pops is going to my new school as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.