Monday 22 April 2013

Monday Morning Fever

chicken walking outside kfc funny unlucky fired kittenJof has awoken with a stinking cold and sneezed her way through my breakfast. She blames it on the fresh air and exercise we got over the weekend and has vowed to seek sanctuary on the sofa and dose herself with protective chocolate. I may hijack this as it sounds good.
Anyway, first lesson was music. Well, we had to demonstrate moving in time to the beat with dance and movement. I am such a shy retiring type that I was up there on stage strutting my funky feverish stuff and was chosen to demo my moves and teach the rest of the class. I was first into the Golden Book this week.
new growth on fruit trees in springMrs Ben helped pick Erin and myself up this afternoon, I thought she was a whole academic year early but she'd just been talking wallpaper all day with Mrs Erin, is that what they call it nowadays.
Today's last-chance picture of the house is of the Chinese pear trees, (together with cherry, Indian almond, bay, elderflower, grape, hops, etc etc). These pear trees are about as old as me and have produced fruit 3 years running: Ben liked them. One day we shall have an orchard like the Hobbits.
After supper #1, Ben arrived and we tried to watch his Lego Chima DVD but the cinematic technical operator had a skills malfunction and we only got 10 minutes of it before deciding to play Lego instead. We are making ships with Judges and underwater dens.
boys playing in park Soon enough we scooted off early to Beavers and spent our spare time playing Lego Chima attack in the park. So, I hear you cry, how does one play this?
Well, contestant #1 announces that he is the King and sends the other off on a high-speed scooted circuit of the thatched building to rescue the Princess or similar. The King then fights the invaders thusly: he performs a bewildering series of passes, reverse-Veronicas, Pasa Dobles, double-handed fly swats and sabre stabs while going "Choof! Latar! Whici-whici! Garg!".
initiation into beaver scouts by bluebirdThis is considered a victory against the farces of dorkness as soon as the scooting circuit is complete. Then we simply change Kings, and the first King becomes the peripatetic Prince while the ex-rescuer assumes the mantle of whirling Dervish-battler.
During actual Beavers, we had a trip-your-opponent-using-only-complicated-foot-movements competition, I managed to trip Ben when I accidentally left a foot behind and down he went. Outside there was a deceased, eviscerated squirrel. We took turns in poking it with a stick and one of the littlest Beavers picked it up and got told off lots. Then we all got lots of badges (including care of animals, clearly not including squirrels), someone was promoted to Cubs in the emotional yet strange river-crossing ceremony and Ben did his promise and was initiated (please sir, can I have another?). It's all happening.
I got hurting leg syndrome and had to be pushed home on my scooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.