Wednesday 24 April 2013

The man from Del Monte, he say ... eeyargh!

bird shit down car door funnyAt last, the slumbering solicitors have woken up and said we could be moving next week. Of course, they might accidentally relapse into coma, but we have hope.
So if I had a hand-held portal to a parallel but backwards universe, I could feed Duplo Lego through to them, and they could feed grown-up Lego through to me, because I'm on the way up, and they're on the way down. Just saying....
After school was battletime. I got 11/12 on spellings which was great, then onto the book review. I read the book yesterday in the car, so that stage was complete.
orchard road play area southseaBut I object to questions such as "I thought it was scary when ....." and they leave you 3 1/2 lines to fill. I mean, it wasn't scary.
Apparently simply adding "when they got angry" isn't good enough, I refuse to understand that it's an exercise in comprehension, making up answering sentences in my own words, and writing them down. So I get angrier and angrier as the answer page fails to fill up and my Lego time diminishes.
I spent so long arguing and sobbing about the fundamental unfairness of it all, before you know it, it's trampolining time.
We cycled, because it's too far to scoot. This was a rockingly good way to arrive and I'll do it more often.  I am good enough to get badge 5 already, mostly because of my gymnastics experience. Who knows what heady heights I can attain with 10 more lessons.
Jof met us outside and we stopped off at Orchard park on the way home. I barely tried out the actual park stuff because some kids with a better 4-letter vocabulary than me were playing in the evergreen bushes.
hole in ground for extension foundationsThis was far better than swinging and I could have stayed there all day if it wasn't already evening.
Today's look at the house is the bathroom and kitchen extension. I had been bathing in one of those baby baths on a trolley things, good up until 1 year old. At 2 years old, I was sticking out both ends and we had to build a bathroom, all my fault. Running along the back of the row of houses is a sewer: we're next to the deepest part of the drain so the builders had to hand-dig a hole 9 feet deep to put a concrete cap over the sewer branch. I used to stand there in my Bob the Builder yellow hardhat and loudly point out when any of the workmen were slacking. It took 2 cement lorries to fill the hole up again. Corpse to dispose of, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.