Monday 8 April 2013

The Return of the Goblin Kings

windrush road park milton yellow plumHad to get up really early to meet Ben. He has a 4 hour car journey today so wanted to meet up and strut some stuff. I cycled, Bud ran. We met at Yellow Plum Park and hopped the fence just as the council workman was checking how damaged the fence was.
yellow plum park windrush raod play area milton portsmouthShortly we investigated the woods where Ben believes he was attacked by bats and we climbed trees and got our slave to break up a dead tree to make sticks.
These became our 'Raves' - staff weapons that made us Goblin Kings. Then there was a bit of football, he's better than me and we lost the ball in a gorse bush, lucky our slave was on hand. It wasn't very warm so we trooped back to his house, well, they went one way, we went the other and there was a bit of confusion but that's normal.
toddlers toys in back yardAt his place we ate tuna sandwiches and played Lego Hero battles, and I discovered I could still get in his Flintstone car so he rammed me repeatedly with his plastic motorbike until the front wheel disintegrated. Then he kicked the football at me while I trundled around.
In all, I got 3 hours of Ben and a promise of more later.
After lunch 2, we walked miles to a shop that had promised me a bucket of Lego. The elderly owner is batty, scatty and a bit useless, said she couldn't remember where it was. Not the best way to run a business.
den lovenest in cardboard boxesLater we built the Scotland to Spain ferry in Lego and Pops came round. I was shy, initially, but we appropriated the utility room and built a lovenest of pink foam in it. We played our families game again, possibly 20 years early but who's counting. I have a job where I have to push a toybox to the front door and back, I also do online shopping. Pops works part-time and we have 2 school-age kids, Jack and Rosie, who vomits a lot and needs a lot of medicines. We have a comfortable double bed in front of the washing machine which we use a lot. Supper got in the way of the rest of our lives
 but we were promised a rematch tomorrow.
Hobbit Corner
Yakult! This harmless bio-yogurt says that it is full of benevolent bacteria that help tummies. Maybe it does. But it caused trouble in Hobbitland when a free packet turned up. It might have been an advert, or maybe they'd built up enough Milkman points but there they were, 7 little vials of yellowish goo with the order to consume 1 a day for a week, you'll feel better straight away, money back if not satisfied etc. After much consideration, Grandad elected not to consume them because he could not think of a suitable time of day to schedule in an unexpected ampoule of intestinal guck. Nowt so queer as folk under the hill.

2 comments:

  1. My mum and nana are crying with laughter! Love BEN x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mungleton Incorporated are sorry that this post has made you cry. Our readers are very important to us. Please fill out a client dissatisfaction form detailing the reasons for your complaint and the specific part that made you cry and an operator will get back to you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.