Wednesday 22 May 2013

A Fail a Day keeps Sanity away

giant saguaro cactus funny pugilist positionLast night all our beds were gritty / 
take me down to paradise city / 
I'm not looking for your quilted pity / 
its a harsh and crunchy reality
Oh Yes. Removing decades-old wallpaper releases tons of volcanic dust into the atmosphere, but also reveals old screwholes with wooden rawlplugs and when you pull them out all the surrounding plaster falls out and you just can't help picking at them like an old scab until there's a scree slope of Edwardian mortar on the floor .....
So recently we found he'd ordered the wrong bath. This we fixed with a call to the dispatch centre.
mayflower construction havantThen yesterday Windowman fitted the bathroom window: instead of asking for super-obscured glass (clear glass would have offered a free stripshow to the chaps having a fag outside the pub)  we'd asked for completely obscured so now we only have a little 1 foot square source of light right at the top. Perhaps we can have a torch on a string by the door, or a couple of those old smoky dungeon brushwood'n'animal fat torches stuck to the walls.
glazier up ladder installing window unitsThis morning Builderman says "Oooh, no, sir, you can't have that kind of shower. There's not enough water pressure, you'll only get a dribble". So we are indeed doing well.
When I got home, Windowman was busy putting glue around the edges of the windows and the builders were upstairs painting glue on the walls. I got gluey and had to wash. But then one of them started destroying the old shelves in the alcove so I stayed to watch obediently and intently until Bud dragged me away with a pre-trampage snack.
At Trampling Poppy had a new tablet game where you have to throw purple poos at a kid who is on fire, good practice for real life.
After trampolining (I'm nearly at badge 4) he said I had to do my spellings. I assumed he'd forget and played computer games. Then there was another sulkathon with added attitude and instead of a simple manual [six of the best] rectification I got a cheese sandwich, not TV, computer, chocolate, tablet etc and bedtime by 745. This is about 2 hours early, I think we're all a little tired and irritable with the dust and disruption. Perhaps my attitude will improve, what's Alaskan Military Academy? Later, we put out 20 binbags for the rubbish lorry. We just keep getting better at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.