Wednesday 1 May 2013

Fingerbobs; a tragic tale

bureaucratic nonsense
Another lovely sunny day at school only slightly complicated by me wearing a raincoat in today. My class watered the willow tunnel and wigwam thing, let's hope it grows.
In the afternoon I was supposed to see Poppy. Sometimes, she comes around after she's had supper and invites me to play. Sadly, she eats supper at 5 something so by the time she gets to me, it's my suppertime and we have a raincheck. Today, the promised check for rain, she was ill and didn't even trample.
interwoven willow stick for parkThe tragedy of the day was deep and meaningful. A month or so ago, I entered a Lego building competition with my masterpiece "Dr Doofenschmirtz' Evil Headquarters". Today the competition organiser said "Yes please, can you deliver your model to us for display and entry into the final competition judging". Of course, I destroyed it as soon as the picture was taken, but at least they can print the picture and display it as an also-ran. Oh dear. My name in lights again, just no Oscar.
We had some strange visitors, the Erins. They dug up lots of our plants and tomato cage poles. Each to his own.
In the evening I got time with Jof as he was round at the new place examining just how much junk they'd left for us to take to the tip. We will have to hire the van again, not exactly as planned. Friday is going to be fun. Of all the junk, I think that my current favourites are
> The oxy-acetylene blowtorch kit with gas cylinders
> The pine desk containing death certificate and passport of the previous previous householder
> The giant dog basket, good for 3 horses
I shall keep you up to date with the treasure trove of delights, if we can get the net connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.