Monday 6 May 2013

POST 1000: A Religious Festival

throw wooden balls to break cheap crockeryMay he truly be praised. (That's me, you know). After Mrs Ben said I should do a blog, I tried my best and now this is my 1,000th daily burble.
st marys church may day fair portseaAfter Mr JoniBob said we should attend the May Fayre at St Mary's Church Portsea (with beer tent), this is our 3rd visit. This is the splendid church from the title page of my blog. We walked shirtless (as is the local custom) and arrived first. One circuit later, we had a deal. I threw wooden balls at crockery and destroyed them on the "China Smash" stall.
st marys portsea fayrest marys church portsea may fayreShortly, the JBs joined us and we did the "Jungle Fever" giant assault-course-on-a-lorry. You can take your time on these but we chose to do it quickly at a mere £2.50 a go. Immediately, we china smashed again, and went on the hook-a-duck con-merchant stall where the prizes are from the 50p shop and last 2 minutes before dying. But we all had to have weapons so got guns and swords as usual.
kingston prison portsmouth forecourtBen and Erin and Beth arrived and we all made a posse and split up, we saw the R2D2 remote-controlled model but didn't get a go, saw  the trains like last year and the RNLI lifeboat model club. There was no owl this time and we chose not to ride the horses but Mr JB allowed us on the Commando assault live fire attack crucible and I scored zero because I couldn't see the laser sighting spot.
rose in june pub copnor milton fratton portsmouthWe all had horses willy inna bun and went back to hook-a-duck for more weapons, as you do. Eventually, vitamin beer ran out in the tent of many bearded chaps so we repaired to the Rose In June pub with the big garden and the kiddie-friendly climbing frames and we were joyous until going-home time. Now, that was a good day. Think about how much vitamin D I got, as well as how much vitamin beer the stupids got.
7 hours after setting out, we met Jof again, she'd bought a wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.