Friday 28 June 2013

Moving In Day

Are you sure? Why, O why, I hear you cry, is today designated 'Moving in day' when you bought the house exactly 8 weeks ago?
Because, where the 8 rooms and 2 corridors have been extensively reworked, carpeted and painted, only now can the furniture and possessions come out of their hiding places in the loft, garage and shops. Last night there were furtive creepings in the loft and this morning there are lampshades and chairs, expect more later.
At school Erin and I are still arguing after the name-calling session yesterday. But hey ho.
lego collection in carpeted roomBecause we'd done sponsored bouncing (I got 77 bounces) I was already in Mufti so we sped down to the stripping shop and retrieved stripped pine door #5, which will adorn the bathroom. Then we popped into the large charity shop on Elm Grove to save having to do it tomorrow, for we seek a booze cupboard for the kitchen. No luck.
At swimming lessons the teacher said I was nearly good enough to progress to the next coloured hat! Just you wait until I am Mr Purple or Green or White or whatever is the next Reservoir Dog.
As soon as we'd picked Jof up from work it was straight to unpacking and redistribution of long-forgotten items of furniture from the garage and the loft. Well, it was for him, I slyly inviegled Jof into typing up my Pirate story about 'Slice Armstrong' and his exploits on a desert island with bountiful flora and fauna and a secret cave behind a waterfall which all may or may not be a blatant plagiarisation of a certain Tom & Jerry cartoon.
Still, I helped get stuff out of the loft like a new iron, ironing board, microwave, kitchen pan rack, boxes of Lego, gallons of dust, dirty handprints on the wall on the way down, all the usual stuff.
I emptied my giant box of Lego and sat on it. It's awesome. It's multicoloured. But it's a bit uncomfortable on the tailpipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.