Saturday 13 July 2013

Fucus ... to everything

milton park southsea So today was going to be a really hot day. This was not my first thought, because the wardrobe delivery men knocked on the door at 0845 so my first thought was WTF. They put it in the bedroom while Jof sought refuge in my bed, yes, it really was that bad.
After extended Lego and breakfast and curtain installation, we did the bottlebank walk and sweated in 2 parks and 3 shops. I got a sausage roll and a football and the veldt that is Bransbury Park looked parched and arid.
The arrival of the wardrobe meant the opening of the entire "Jof Clothes" category. Loft trip: 5 boxes and 3 suitcases later we had a deal. Poor old Jof is supposed to be resting her arm but no chance, mate. Sadly we missed the random Puddle Barbecue due to an existing appointment with the splashpark. We got there and found a small space: I was in and out within 5 minutes when the council yellowjackets closed the watery facilities due to a poo in the pool. Some little person had mistaken it for a toilet so off we went, quick ice cream and then the beach.
southsea beach seaweedI really wanted a swim, it was cold but we all got used to it and in the end did very well indeed. He swam out and got an abandoned football. I threw rocks and got out of my depth but wanted to swim further and then we had a seaweed fight. Yes, 5 different species of seaweed including the eponymous fucus vesiculosus (bladderwrack) were used in an extended weed war which kept all the shapely bikini babes amused, mmm. I wore the kelp more than once and I got him a treat with the sea cabbage and the waves made us fall over and we laughed and laughed.
Then we suddenly had to go home because one of our number had done a bad thing and it wasn't me.
At home we finished the curtains, put up lots of pictures and watched England doing quite well against Australia. Tomorrow I want to swim to the Isle of Wight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.