Friday 9 August 2013

My Tankard runneth over

snowy weather time lapse funny gifBack at home at last, good to wake up in my own room, even if it was caused by roofers stomping around above my head.
I also expressed great joy at being reunited with my Lego collection. Not that the last few days has been blockless, Jof got me a Batman set with little ramp and evil Joker and stuff.
roof reslating jobWasn't too long before it was time for LittleMax's party. I have been 7 for ages, he's only just managed it. Can't possibly see how teenagers cope.
But as it was in Krazy Kaves, nobody cared about teenagers. We climbed. We quacked. We played the gitty goat at the cake-party afterwards and I had chicken nuggets and chips, for such is the humble fare offered by the establishment.
milton barn park portsmouthOn the way back we took a shortcut down the secret Pompey passageway and stopped off at our old house to have a nose. Jof saw that they are still doing work on the house but I told her off, berating her for messing with something that is no longer ours.
By now there were 12 builders on our roof. Bud got home and did a laundry trip for we have no washing line, and even if we did, there is a constant rain of slate chips and sedimentary rock dust that is gradually turning our new carpets and our toothbrushes a charcoal shade of dirty.
bunch of idiot seven year old boysBut Ben challenged us to cricket in the park and we got an hour in before I had to go swimming. BensMum caught Ben out and much fun was had. I am moving up a hat! The rescheduling has given me an opportunity to advance to Green Swimming Hat from September so I will be swimming the Channel unaided in meedle of no time, look out Les Douanes Grenouillettes (little Frog customs officials). I was the only one in my class today (classless society) so had to do several lengths and much water polo, quite tiring.
But in an unexpected Uber-bonus, BensMum challenged us to further extended cricket on the seafront, in the same way the rest of the Puddler boys have been doing for a year and a half.
I got 2 more hours of professional training, messing, random games with Bob and Johnny and Ben and Football Harry and some small girls that stole our ball. All this to the tune of the Red Arrows who were performing aerial acrobatics above the Cowes sailing festival. It was brilliant and I have to go back.
cricket training on southsea seafront
When it was beertime I got in a right old huff, having to leave when people were still there!
Jof managed to monster-mash some supper together and I had to go to bed sans shower at 2215 due to being tired. To be fair, to be * sure, I have had some decent exercise today and at least I rinsed off in the swimming pool.
* missing word here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.