Sunday 25 August 2013

Swimming Back in Time

Up late. Much quietness from all of us, following 2 days of intense activity.
royal navy kids topI had the rather spiffing idea of going for a fun swim: this meant the Pyramids of course but as I'm Yellow Hat at the swimming lessons, I pay already so I'm free at the normal places. The venue was switched to Eastney Pool where Erin does her lessons and the deal was done. We just had to wait until 7pm to do it.
Jof cleaned the windowsills. This took an hour and she only did upstairs, shows you how much slate dust the roofers have left everywhere. We did a quick park just so we'd been out and eventually the evening arrived. The streets were deserted as we drove down and there were only about 5 other people in there.
small local swimming pool eastney portsmouthThey don't really have lockers like my pool, they have these giant metal coathangers with baskets for your shoes and then you take them through to poolside. Jof says she remembers these quaint antiques from when she was a little girl in Olden Days. The nice lifeguards told us the place was built 105 years ago and it's nice that they have left it exactly the same. I was allowed to have a sausage float and a hoop to dive through and we messed about for the 40 minutes and I did 8 lengths!
It was all rather fun and then we investigated the outside of the building and the old wartime gun emplacement that it's built next to. Supper: oodles of noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.