Thursday 1 August 2013

The Excited Puppy Approach to Life

fry shut up and take my money funny memeA hot day so in the morning Jof and I played cricket in the park, in order to subliminally assist the England team against ye auld enemy, cobbers.
Our giant cricket set lacks a middle stump so the water bottle stood in as 12th man: the ball whizzed through without disturbing the bails several times. Once Jof returned a full toss right into my goolies but it was only a soft ball so I survived to demonstrate significantly improved batting and bowling skills, when paying attention. But it just got too hot so we came home.
portsmouth nudist beach on sunny day eastney fort cumberlandWhen Bud got home from work he took me to the beach because I wanted to dig a hole. We use the beach in front of Fort Cumberland because 1) there's sandy bits 2) the waterfall at low tide offers opportunities for budding civil engineers and 3) for it is the nudist beach and you can run free like nature intended etc with only a few old wrinkly blokes parading up and down smoking pipes.
We dug the hole with 2 buckets and a metal trowel, these plastic kiddie spades are rubbish and die immediately: proper workman tools do the job. We excavated down through various strata of sand, gravel, black sand and more gravel until I could usefully fit into it to show that - olé, we had indeed made a proper 'ole, surrounded by an annulus of ejecta/slag pile.
Then we moved away from the parading blokes and got nekkid and played in the surf and threw stones and seaweed and were as happy as sandboys (well, slightly gravellyboys in this case). Incredibly, we also caught a fish manually. At hometime I discovered Tiddlywinks. It seems that the box in the garage marked "Outside Toys" also contained several board games, top trumps cards, cowboy guns, pinball and many other inside delights, kept me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.