Sunday 11 August 2013

'Tis off to church we go

east lodge park farlington portsmouthToday I allowed myself to be used as shopping assistant in return for trying out a new park. But there aren't any parks around here I haven't been to so we did Unexpected Horse Park, further details of which can be found here. I fed the horses by standing at the special point by the fence that the animals understand is the feeding location, and over they strumbled.
st marys church portsea towerThe high point of the day (hoho) was St Mary's church tower. We don't do the god thing because that'd be like paying to attend the Tooth Fairy or Santa singalong club, but we do appreciate the architecture so I slipped a tenner to the friendly guy dressed like a penguin to help with maintenance costs.
The headline picture of this blog was taken from the bellringer's room halfway up the tower almost exactly 3 years ago today, it's looking through the little window so they can see proceedings in the church below and not ring the bells at the wrong time. I reprised the picture but it hasn't come out very well.
st marys church tower portsmouthIt is definitely a tower of quality and the last ladder goes right out over the chasm so best not to look down if you don't like heights. I do, and looked out through the little crenellations and you can see the trees in our road and probably our chimneypot.
Later I had pasta and play at the JBs with Ben and Beth, and I now have over 5000 Monopoly pounds but the other 2 haven't actually died yet so the game will continue tomorrow. By 1020 I had to go to bed for I have a rather complicated week ahead, a daycamp so far away, I have to get a bus there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.