Friday 23 August 2013

Yorkers, Googlies and Chinamen

safety feature industrial freezerManaged to get to the sweatbox on time, even though we gave Jof a lift to work as well. It's very ... enclosed in comparison to the weekly outward bound camp I did last week and the one I shall do next week. I'm surprised I haven't contracted Scrumpox, Scotomy, Phossy Jaw, Quinsy, Dropsy or the Bloody Flux, or indeed come down with Scrivener's Palsy writing about it.
Today I chose Naval Base Film Society and games. Many of my associates were there again.
portsmouth cricket club southsea seafront st helens paradeBut then it was "All change, end of the line" and next door for my swimming lesson. I was splendiferous. Just when you thought it was safe to get out of the water, it was "All change, off to new activity!" - Cricket.
shiny chocolate box lidThe cricket club on the seafront has been a favourite of Ben and the JBs for a year and a half. We are latecomers but OBoy, it's good. We are considering Membership for next season - no weekly subs, all the ball fun you need for a whole year, and I need it.
This time the parents were strongly encouraged to join in. We did the picking teams thing and I was on a different team to Bud. 6 teams did their stuff and as I was promoted, he was demoted (extra laughter there). There was a 5 minute break for beer (sorry, liquid refreshment) and then right back into it.
In the end my team came 4th and his 2nd, but I have hopes for next week's competition. I sulked at the final whistle which was when it got dark. Jof worked hard to Taxi us home and make supper, all hail mummies who make the world go round. She did not have a good day at work and yet managed to play with me because she loves me. Amazingly I qualified for chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.