Sunday 18 January 2015

Splashy Birthday!

mountbatten centre portsmouth main poolYesterday on the train I ate an entire box of 'Mikado' chocolate stick thingies, which loosened an already wobbly tooth. At six o'clock this morning that tooth fell out and so I took it in to show Bud but he wasn't as pleased as I expected.
The day was lazy. I did very little because I was waiting for my birthday party and because of traffic we were nearly late. Ben and I hired the Mountbatten Centre main swimming pool for an inflatable pool party supreme at vast expense.
I first met these when one of the Scout group won a prize and hired the pool. It was totally epic so I had one for my last birthday party at Havant Leisure Centre pool but this time the Mountbatten had bought another inflatable after their last one died.
mountbatten centre portsmouth inflatable pool partyWe all gathered, got changed and had to prove we weren't going to drown by doing one length of the pool and by treading water for a couple of minutes. Holly and other Ben failed this task and were deemed unfit to go anywhere near the bouncy castle, which put a real crimp on their party experience.
But the rest of us went round and round and battled and fell off and pulled each other off and there was always a queue to get back on again and the pool helpers got stuck in as well and it was 45 minutes of fun, over too soon, although it is knackering.
mountbatten centre portsmouth pool partyOnce we'd all got changed and played with the hairdryers we trooped up to the party room which was far too big for our meagre requirements and the catering staff had got the food time wrong and weren't ready.
We had to play games like statues and stuff while they cooked it all and then we had our burgers and chips or sausages or chicken lumps and ice cream and muffins but pretty soon some of the boys started playing rugby with a balloon and others started playing chase with bits of string and the party meal broke up and the staff cleared it away.
We did get cakes and 18th birthday candles (2 x 9th birthdays) and sang happy birthday and gradually the kids drifted away and Ben and I got lots of presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.